Is there such a thing – yes!
Quick in terms of preparation. Having a range really helps when cooking a stew as you can let it simmer away.
For a quick fix dinner on a cold day or over the Christmas period when the lads were working long hours you cannot beat a bowl of hot stew.
We love ‘Kylemore Acres’ Irish Lamb stew mix.
- 1kg diced lamb, trimmed of fat
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 litre water
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 kg rooster potatoes peeled and cubed
- ‘Kylemore Acres’ Irish Lamb stew mix.
- In a large pot heat the olive oil and brown the diced lamb
- (if I have time I coat the lamb in flour as it gives the stew a thicker consistency when cooked).
- Add chopped onion, garlic, water, lemon juice and 'The Irish Lamb Stew Mix’ to the pot
- Bring to the boil
- Partly cover and simmer for up to 1 hour over a low heat
- Then add the diced potatoes
- Simmer until the potatoes are cooked.