Is there such a thing – yes!
Quick in terms of preparation. Having a range really helps when cooking a stew as you can let it simmer away.
For a quick fix dinner on a cold day or over the Christmas period when the lads were working long hours you cannot beat a bowl of hot stew.
We love ‘Kylemore Acres’ Irish Lamb stew mix.
Diane’s quick stew!
Author: Pattersons Butchers
Recipe type: Main Course
Serves: 4 to 6
For a quick fix dinner on a cold day or over the Christmas period when the lads were working long hours you cannot beat a bowl of hot stew. The beauty of the stew mix is having no additives, no artificial flavours, gluten free. The only allergen may be the mustard seed. This is so easy to serve too as it’s a one pot stew!
- 1kg diced lamb, trimmed of fat
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 litre water
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 kg rooster potatoes peeled and cubed
- ‘Kylemore Acres’ Irish Lamb stew mix.
- In a large pot heat the olive oil and brown the diced lamb
- (if I have time I coat the lamb in flour as it gives the stew a thicker consistency when cooked).
- Add chopped onion, garlic, water, lemon juice and 'The Irish Lamb Stew Mix’ to the pot
- Bring to the boil
- Partly cover and simmer for up to 1 hour over a low heat
- Then add the diced potatoes
- Simmer until the potatoes are cooked.