One of our favourite simple recipes for Butterfly Leg of Lamb
Butterfly Lamb in Caffrey's Marinade
Author: Pattersons Butchers
Recipe type: Main Course
Butterfly Leg of Lamb - Delicious. To butterfly a leg of lamb, Your Local Craft butcher will gladly prepare this for you with a little notice!
- 1 leg of Lamb, boned and butterflied
- 1 Bottle of Caffrey's Marinade.
- Salt & Pepper to season.
- Spread the Caffrey's marinade over the lamb, cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
To Roast or Barbecue:
- Heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200ºC (400ºF) / heat or light the barbecue.
- Heat a large pan, place the marinated lamb on the hot pan, season and brown well on both sides then place on a roasting dish and cook for 45 mins. approx for pink lamb.
- Place the marinated lamb on the hot barbecue and cook for 20/25 minutes approx. on each side over a medium heat.
- Also very good with the lamb are baby potatoes and vegetables roasted at the same time with olive oil and sea salt